Regular Shadowplayer Pierre Fournier, from Frankensteinia: The Frankenstein Blog (Tracking Frankenstein and all things related in the arts, media and popular culture) has been sweet enough to present a Dardos Award to this blog. It’s the first thing I’ve won as a blogger!
The Dardos Awards is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
The Rules are: 1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog. 2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
1) Six Martinis and the Seventh Art somehow never made it into my blogroll before now, so it’s good to correct that oversight while expressing my appreciation of a beautiful online picture palace, a real visual voice.
2) It would be all too easy for me to focus wholly on cinema, which is basically all I know about, but David E’s Fablog broadens the old horizons nicely.
3) On a related note, I’ve Been Reading Lately does exactly what a blog of that name SHOULD do, and more entertainingly and informatively than I would ever think possible.
4) Brandon’s Movie Memory is eclectic, thoughtful, and not as well known as it should be. Stop by.
5) Snakes Are My Life, In a Way is Regular Shadowplayer Alex’s response to Shadowplay, a sort of sister blog, and I always enjoy his take on things. After a worrying quiet spot, he’s posting again, and I want him to keep it up!
Many thanks to Pierre for this honour, and it’s my pleasure to dish out five more Dardoses. I wanted to include the Self-Styled Siren, whose thoughts I always enjoy and whose blog I heartily recommend, but the estimable Flickheadbeat me to it, so it seems better to spread the love around. There are lots of other logs I enjoy and visit regularly or semi-regularly — check them out in the blogroll (to the right). Some of them are sure to be picking up Dardoses (Dardii?) in the days to come.